Our vision of the future for St. Augustine is that it is a place where people can live, work, visit and enjoy the rich history of a unique city such as ours. It is also important that St. Augustine is an easily accessible, pedestrian-friendly environment with a variety of transportation and parking options designed to support the needs and enhance the experience of all who come here.
Implement a comprehensive set of mobility solutions designed to address the needs and challenges of a city that continues to grow in popularity and diversity.
Key Enablers & Initiatives
Key enablers and initiatives include:
- Effective utilization and analysis of real-time data to guide the design and implementation of mobility solutions
- Shifting peak parking demand to the outskirts of the city
- Effectively managing automobile capacity in the historic core of the city
- Utilizing technology to put intelligent mobility and informational tools in the hands of the traveler and to support the city in the management and enforcement of its mobility solutions
- Providing transportation alternatives such as:
- Intelligent use of rights-of-way to support multiple vehicle alternatives
- Local transit access for individuals whose destination is the historic core
- Expanded and enhanced bicycle and pedestrian access
- Provide parking options that are in unison with the objectives of all other mobility initiatives
St. Augustine, a place where people can live, work, visit and enjoy the rich history of a unique city in an easily accessible, pedestrian-friendly environment enabled by a variety of transportation and parking options designed to support their needs and enhance their experience.
- Always balance the needs of residents, businesses, and visitors
- Be inclusive in all design and planning activities, but deliberate in implementing solutions that support the mobility vision
- Solutions must preserve the historic town plan of the City and its street aesthetic
- Agile implementation of solutions (iterate, learn and adjust) with the intent of long term sustainability