What is Mobility?
As part of the Vision Plan, it is critically important that St. Augustine be an easily accessible, pedestrian-friendly city with a variety of transportation and parking options designed to support the needs and enhance the experience of all who live, work, and visit here.
We are constantly looking to implement a comprehensive set of mobility solutions designed to address the needs and challenges of a city that continues to grow in popularity and diversity.
Key Enablers & Initiatives
- Effective utilization and analysis of real-time data to guide the design and implementation of mobility solutions
- Shifting peak parking demand to the outskirts of the city
- Effectively managing automobile capacity in the historic core of the city
- Utilizing technology to put intelligent mobility and informational tools in the hands of the traveler and to support the city in the management and enforcement of its mobility solutions
- Providing transportation alternatives such as:
- Intelligent use of rights-of-way to support multiple vehicle alternatives
- Local transit access for individuals whose destination is the historic core
- Expanded and enhanced bicycle and pedestrian access
- Provide parking options that are in unison with the objectives of all other mobility initiatives