UPDATE: Thursday, March 16, 2023
City to postpone affordable housing site visit
Design workshop remains on schedule
Due to forecasted storms on Saturday, March 18, the City of St. Augustine is postponing its public site visit that was originally scheduled from 9:00am until 12:00pm at 450 N. Holmes Blvd., in conjunction with its architectural design consultant, Brooks+Scarpa.
So that the public is not impacted by the inclement weather, the site visit will be rescheduled at a future date.
The design workshop, or “charrette” will remain as scheduled on Monday, March 20 from 1:00pm until 5:00pm in the Alcazar Room of City Hall, 75 King Street.
Public input and feedback will be gathered for considerations such as:
- Overall project design
- Pricing accommodations for future residents of all income levels
- Potential additional services that could be provided to future residents within this community include, like:
- On-site recreation, such as an exercise room, fishing, and walking trails
- A community center that acts as an emergency (hurricane) shelter
- Day care services
- Education services, such as space available for classes or tutoring
- Health care services, or space set aside for on-site health care visit
- Transportation features, such as a bus stop, pedestrian access to the public sidewalk on Holmes Blvd., and bike racks
In addition, project feedback may be submitted via email to AffordableHousing@CityStAug.com.
ORIGINAL STORY: Friday, March 10, 2023
On Saturday, March 18, from 9:00am until 12:00pm, in conjunction with its architectural design consultant, Brooks+Scarpa, the City of St. Augustine will host an open site visit at 450 N. Holmes Blvd., in St. Johns County, for the purpose of introducing the proposed future site of an affordable workforce housing community to the public.
Those who attend will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback to representatives from Brooks+Scarpa and the City, as well as walk the property and view land surveys.
For more information, check out the home page story.