If you visit downtown frequently, and you are a St. Johns County resident, you may want to purchase a ParkNow card. ParkNow cards must be purchased at one of the following:
- Drive-through window
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Financial Services Center lobby
50 Bridge Street
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
You can also receive personal instructions on how to use the card.
ParkNow cards are preloaded with the incremental amount selected. Payment is deducted from the card total when used at downtown meters/pay-stations or at the Historic Downtown Parking Facility.
- Available pre-paid card amounts:
- No refunds or replacement cards will be given
- One-time cost of card: $2.50
- You must be a St. Johns County resident in order to purchase a ParkNow card (ParkNow Cards are only issued with proof of residency in St. Johns County.)
Check the balance on your card by inserting it into a pay station; the balance will be displayed on the screen. Remove the card if you do not intend to use it.
Once a ParkNow card is purchased, it can be reloaded with additional funds, when needed, at the Financial Services Center lobby/drive-through or at kiosks located in front of the Financial Services Center or the kiosks on the North side of the Visitor Information Center.
Some specific areas of St. Augustine neighborhoods have parking spaces designated for residential parking only. In order to park in these spaces, residents must purchase a parking permit from the city. A resident's pass is $30 and is valid for one calendar year.
Obtaining a Permit or Guest Pass
A permit must be obtained in person at the Financial Services Center at 50 Bridge Street. A resident is required to bring their vehicle as well as a valid driver's license, the vehicle's registration, and 2 forms of proof of residency such as a utility bill that includes the resident's name and address, voter registration card, or current lease. This process must be repeated each year, even if the information was provided the previous year.
Residents may also purchase a service/guest pass ($10), valid for one week, at the Financial Services Center, 50 Bridge Street. Call Customer Service at 904-825-1034 for more information.
Residential Parking Areas
Currently, there are three residential parking areas in the city:
- 12 spaces on the north side of Saragossa Street between Cordova Street and Sevilla Street.
- 14 spaces on the west side of Avenida Menendez between Bridge Street and St. Francis Street.
- 19 spaces on the north side of Saragossa Street between Riberia Street and Ponce de Leon Boulevard (US-1)
Visit the Residential Parking Resolutions page to learn more about definitions of residency in the City of St. Augustine.