Litter CrewPublic Works runs a litter crew 7 days a week. They cover the historic downtown area, public parks and the boat ramp, all within the city limits.
Street sweeping services are done in 8 zones, routing the city weekly, in a set rotation. Based on the street sweeping zones, residents should anticipate an average of service 3 to 4 times per street, annually. Keep in mind, during seasonal peaks this could be adjusted according to the area and volume of debris. Residents should note that leaves, lawn clippings and other debris should not be blown into the street, rather bagged up and placed curbside for the weekly yard waste collection day.
Residents can assist with completion of the service by moving their cars during the time the operator will be in their area. See the zone maps as a reference guide to the street sweeping services. Contact the Solid Waste office directly at 904-825-1049 or send an email to email@example.com with special requests or for further information about your neighborhood schedules.
FREE Recycling Drop-off Locations
- 601 Riberia St . – end of Riberia by Solid Waste & Waste Water plant.
- Red Cox Road by the Soccer Field, behind RB Hunt Elementary School.
- North City – by the Las Palmas condos on San Marco.
Tips to Reduce Waste
- grocery bags - local supermarkets and Target retail stores accepts them
- light bulbs - residents can take bulbs to be recycled at Home Depot and Lowe's
- medication - bag up and place in the garbage, then recycle the pill bottles, or learn about the Drug Takeback program through SAPD
- scrap metal - scrap yards accept ferrous & non ferrous metals for market value
- clothes, books, furniture & canned foods - contact local thrift stores and food pantries to make a donation