Business Tax Receipt
Local Business Tax (Formerly Occupational License)
Annual Local Business Tax
The City of Saint Augustine is one of the cities in Florida which elected to collect Local Business Taxes (formerly known as Occupational Licenses) when the state turned it over to local government level.
Payment of the Local Business Tax allows you the right to do business in the City of St. Augustine and is paid annually with the fiscal year beginning October 1 through September 30.
How to Apply for a Local Business Tax Receipt in the City of Saint Augustine
- Determine Business Location
- You will need zoning approval for your business location. If it is in the City of St. Augustine, contact City Zoning at (904) 209-4324. If it is located in St. Johns County limits or St. Augustine Beach City limits contact the appropriate office needed, according to business location, for zoning approval and Local Business Tax Receipt.
- St. Johns County, (904) 209-0675
- St. Augustine Beach, (904) 471-8758
When a Business Tax Receipt has been obtained from any other municipality, it is then brought to the Tax Collector’s Office to obtain the County Local Business Tax receipt.
Please Note: A state licensed professional will need to provide a copy of their current State of Florida license prior to a City Local Business Tax Receipt issuance. Some professional offices will require two (2) receipts. i.e.,
- Physician Office
- Attorney Office
- Beauty Salon/Cosmetologist
If you have an existing business...
Changes/Transfer of Location, Ownership or Business Name: Please contact our office for information on changing/transferring your business location, ownership or business name.
Going out of Business: If your business closes or relocates to another City or County, it is your responsibility to contact our office to close your business record.