If you visit downtown frequently, and you are a St. Johns County resident, you may want to purchase a ParkNow card. ParkNow cards must be purchased at the city’s Financial Services Center lobby, 50 Bridge Street, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., or at the drive-thru window Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. You can also receive personal instructions on how to use the card.
ParkNow cards are preloaded with the incremental amount selected. Payment is deducted from the card total when used at downtown meters/pay-stations or at the Historic Downtown Parking Facility.
- One-time cost of card: $2.50
- Available pre-paid card amounts: $20, $30, $50 or $100
- No refunds or replacement cards will be given
- Check the balance on your card by inserting it into a pay station - the balance will be displayed on the screen. Remove the card if you do not intend to use it.
Once a ParkNow card is purchased, it can be reloaded with additional funds, when needed, at the Financial Services Center lobby/drive-thru or at kiosks located in front of the Financial Services Center (50 Bridge Street), or the kiosks on the North side of the Visitor Information Center (10 S. Castillo Drive).ParkNow Brochure
Residential Parking Permits
Some specific areas of St. Augustine neighborhoods have parking spaces designated for residential parking only. In order to park in these spaces, residents must purchase a parking permit from the city. A resident’s pass is $30 and is valid for one calendar year.
A permit must be obtained in person at the Financial Services Center, 50 Bridge Street. A resident is required to bring their vehicle as well as a valid driver’s license, the vehicle’s registration, and two forms of proof of residency such as a utility bill that includes the resident’s name and address, voter registration card, or current lease. This process must be repeated each year, even if the same information was provided the previous year.
Residents may also purchase a service/guest pass ($10), valid for one week, at the Financial Services Center, 50 Bridge Street. Call Customer Service at 904.825.1034 for more information.
Currently there are three residential parking areas in the city:
- 14 spaces on the west side of Avenida Menendez between Bridge Street and St. Francis Street
- 12 spaces on the north side of Saragossa Street between Cordova Street and Sevilla Street
- 19 spaces on the north side of Saragossa Street between Riberia Street and Ponce de Leon Blvd (US-1)
Visit the Residential Parking Ordinances page to learn more about definitions of residency in the City of St. Augustine.