Zone Map | ZONE 1 | ZONE 3
- Zone IIA
- Zone IIA, which occurs along the west banks of the Intracoastal Waterway, contains a wide variety of archaeological sites associated with prehistoric Native American and historical European settlements along Hospital Creek. Included in Zone IIA are portions of the 18th-century mission site of Nombre de Dios (including the shrine of La Leche), an 18th-century defensive alignment known as the Hornwork (pictured right), an 18th-century British farming enterprise, and the 19th-century Abbott Tract–the first neighborhood in St. Augustine outside of the colonial downtown district.
- Zone IIB
- Zone IIB contains archaeological deposits found along the west bank of Maria Sanchez Lake, such as those associated with 19th-century urban agricultural enterprises and the African-American community of Lincolnville, which post-dates the Civil War.
- Zone IIC
- Zone IIC contains archaeological deposits associated with the Indian mission community of Nuestra Señora de la Concepción de Pocotalaca, established by the Yamassee during the 18th century. This zone also has archaeological deposits associated with 19th-century urban agricultural enterprises, such as the Martin Hernández orange grove (pictured right).
- Zone IID
- Zone IID contains archaeological deposits associated with the Indian mission community of Nuestra Señora de la Assunción de Palica, established in the 18th century by Timucuan Indians. Also present are deposits associated with the 19th-century African-American community of Lincolnville.
- Zone IIE
- Zone IIE contains archaeological deposits associated with the Indian mission settlement of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe de Tolomato, established by Guale Indians in the 18th century. Also present are deposits associated with the 19th-century Model Land Company development of the area that commenced in the late 1800s (pictured below).
- Zone IIF
- Zone IIF contains the late 18th to late 19th-century Catholic cemetery of Tolomato, which had been the site of the 18th-century mission church for the Tolomato mission settlement.
- Zone IIG
- Zone IIG contains archaeological deposits associated with the 19th-century Fairbanks plantation site as well as the southwest portion of the 18th-century Mose Line, a defensive earthen berm associated with the Second Fort Mose (1752 to 1763).
- Zone IIH
- Zone IIH contains archaeological deposits that occur along the 17th- to 18th-century road that led from the coquina-stone quarries on Anastasia Island to Escolta Creek, where the stone was then ferried over to St. Augustine. Also present in Zone IIH is a large prehistoric Native American site that dates to the Orange Period (ca. 1,500 B.C.) and late Woodland Period (ca. A.D. 700 to 900).
Zone Map | ZONE 1 | ZONE 3